Planes, trains and automobiles



How do you like to travel?  It seems to be that lately in the world of travel across the board it doesn't matter
the mode of transportation, you are paying through the teeth to travel.  Why is this?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist or neuro-opthamologist to see what is going on here.  Money.  It's all about the money, do each of these business owners, boards or CEO's talk to each other and say, hey, if we all just make it a level playing field no one gets hurt or left behind.  Me personally, find it ridiculous.  I can't afford to do any of the above, well I can, I choose not to.  Why do I want to pay the airlines hundreds or dollars, because it's a holiday to fly to meet a family member or loved one; possibly I have an important meeting to attend, they have no idea that it's on the same weekend.  Why do I have to suffer and pay extra?  20, 30 percent more because it's a holiday weekend, get over yourself.  I will take the train, yup, so much for that fantastic idea.  Whoa boy, big discount there, saw that coming a mile away. Might as well smack me with a stick now and call me Betty.  Well Betty, hop in the car and get to driving.  Stop at the nearest rip-you-off gas station and fill up the tank for $100 and few times before getting to your destination.  By this time you've spent that $300, you've could have given the train station for the round trip ticket, had a comfy seat, no driving, BUT, no car in the end and rely on someone for a ride. HMPF!

Planes, train and automobiles.  I think maybe I will go via horse-drawn carriage.  This may take me an extra day or two, but "hay", I can stop and smell the roses, and enjoy the scenery as I ride on by.  Besides, who doesn't love a good old fashioned horse carriage ride every now and again.  I can pay in carrots and sugar cubes, love and affection.  This I can totally afford and want to give out.  As for giving any love and affection to the other industries, not so much.  I still love the train (someone else is driving, great scenery, direct), well maybe driving myself is great too (own vehicle, no schedule, go anywhere, no boundaries), but then again flying does have its privileges (quicker, well quicker).

Are you going anywhere anytime soon and which way are you traveling? Planes, trains or automobile?

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...