How long did it take you?




How long did it take you to start your first diet, your second, third or so on?  It's harder than most people think or say, unless of course they have gone through it for at least 2 months (consecutively) in their lives and I don't mean 2 days at a clip over the course of 2 years.  I mean hard core 2 months really trying a real diet.  Eating right, exercising, resting and well, somewhat stress-free.  Haha...sorry.  I had to put that there, the stress-free part.  We all know there's no such thing as stress-free, sugar-free maybe, but stress-free, ha!

I have to start off by saying I have probably dieted more in my life than most people I know.  Oh yeah, they say they have, but I know better.  They do for a week or so, then they slack or award themselves something off the wall.  I mean, come on people, what the hell?  Why would you sabotage  yourself like that.  You are your own worst enemy.  Life, it's the only one you have along with your body, mind and soul.  You only have one of each and they should be in sync with each other.  Note:  I said should be.  You need to take care of you, because no one else will do it best.  I can name off several diets, fad diets or even the well known starving one's self trick.  None of which ever worked, of course.  Okay, maybe for a short lived time they did, but the weight just came back on and ten-fold.  

At one point in my life I was just a half pound under 200 pounds and I was a woman's size 16.  All 5'2 1/2" of me (yes, have to add that half inch in there, it counts to me).  It wasn't all so long ago.  I was sick, not good at all, in body and health (if you have followed me, you'd see why).  I couldn't take looking in the mirror.  I still really don't like it to look in the mirror, to be honest with you, but I feel better about myself now.  I eat right, exercise and try to be as stress free as I possibly can.  Today I am 115 and a size 0.  I have much more energy than I ever did and want to do things.  I am smaller, feel better and happier today than when I was in high school.  

Life is there for the taking and not to be lived sitting on you butt eating, feeling like crap because that is what you are filling you body with, crap.  After all you are what you eat.  Eat like crap all day and you will feel like crap all day.

You have to start sometime and at the beginning.  It doesn't matter when, so do it today, why not, why are you waiting and who are you waiting for?  It only you who can make you do it.  Look around today at people, we are not getting any better or helping each other anymore, so just get off you butt and do it.  There is no time like the present.  You need some motivation, email me, I will motivate you!

I learned what a serving of food was and holy cow did I eat like a pig; who knew (three servings of cereal for breakfast, holy crap!).  Well if any one of my friends did, they never told me.  I know how to better myself today and I do every chance I get.

Once you know what you need the rest just follows.  Stay positive and find positive people to help you along the way.  Who care what people think of what you look like, just remember in the end you will look and feel amazing.  It is not going to happen overnight by any means and don't let some dam fad diet even pretend to tell you otherwise!

Stay focused and know who you are, this is what matters!  Every one has to weigh a little bit before they start.  I know I did.

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...