Thinking

How many times a year or month or for some people a day do you find yourself just sitting around thinking.  Thinking about absolutely nothing.  Some people may call it daydreaming and others may call it just being distracted but whatever it may be called to me its thinking.

It can begin with a blank stare and end in a whirlwind of crazy thoughts depending on the day of course.  When I was little I used to hum, sing and talk a lot.  I still talk a lot and if you know me you will agree ( hey be quiet, stop laughing I know who you are and where you live).  I did a lot of thinking is what it was. I would think about what I wanted to do, be, write, sing and design, just about everything.  It was like a million things all the time I loved it.  I was busy, on the move and always loved to have something to do or build.  Of course I had to think about it first and hum or sing while this was happening, but usually hum.



My best friend and I would go in the woods and build tree forts and hang out all day or go for long bike rides until it got dark.  I would come home and then write a story about it, but adding something creative to it.  When winter came we would go ice skating or sleigh riding.  I loved the neighborhood we grew up in everyone hung around together and we all played together for the most part.  Football, baseball hide and seek (not the usual one, I'm talking 3-4 peoples yards worth).  It was great.  Anything you could think of.

We would try to think of new things to do all the time.  Some of them would get us in trouble, like the time it was so hot during the summer and we didn't have a pool, so we filled up a cooler and put out feet in it. Oh boy did we get in trouble for that.  Well it kept the water cold, but my mom didn't think it was a good idea when she got home.  I love thinking of new ideas, but this one, not so good.  Of course Carol got sent home and I got sent to my room for that one.  I got told to sit and think about what I did.  I love thinking.  I did, like I said I thought it was a good idea and that didn't go over so well.  I also thought we should get a pool so I didn't have to do crazy things like that anymore. I knew that would never happen, we weren't rich or even a middle-income family so use the hose and at a limited usage was about it or go to the local lake when we had permission.

I could think of much better things to do, but again some of would get me in trouble, so enough of that so I just did what I was told and stayed out of trouble the best I could.  I mean who wouldn't want to ride their bikes all the way to the really nice gigantic swimming pool for the day?  Of course if we did and the young age we were we would get grounded until eternity because it was about 8 miles or so away.  So we just stayed close to home and thought about how nice it would be instead.

Now that I am older I still love to think of all the things I did when I was young and the things I can do as an adult.  I don't do anything too crazy.  I am creative and fun and I love to think.

Thinking just keeps your mind active and lets you imagine what you could do if you truly wanted to.  Be real and not crazy and make sure you are true to yourself but also be imaginative and creative this was you continue to use you great mind that you have.        

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...