Only 2 more days.

I just can't believe my baby turns 16 in two days.  I never saw this happening.  I mean I always knew the day would come, but I just never knew how fast it would be here.  It just seemed like yesterday that her and Amber wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese's and have pizza and play games.

This cake I made for her when she was 8.  It was her swimming pool party made of Teddy grahams  with frosting on them and blueberry Jell-O, chicklets, the jelly orange candy, fruit stripe gum and the only un-edible thing was the Lego lounge chair.  It took me a while to make this but it was so good.  The reason for the pool party cake was because you never know the weather in April in NY, so we just decided to have an indoor pool party.




Now that she's turning 16 she's like wow mom, we can go and take my permit test on Tuesday right?  Uh, ok?!? I think so, yeah, sure, of course you can.  She has been studying I will let her of course, but I will also make her take driving lessons.  It does help kids learn, or teenagers I should say learn.  It really does.  Respect is a huge thing driving.  Respect your car, other drivers, the animals that just want to run out in front of you, emergency vehicles, the road, the weather, just everything.

                                  (this is a few years old, but I lust loved this picture)


Well I'm not sure if this is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning.  I know, both.  It's the beginning of her move into adulthood and the end of her well maybe depending on me so much.  Nah, she will still need me :)  just as much as I need her and her sister.  16, to be 16 again, nope I'm good right where I am.  I just can't believe it two more days.

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...