Customer Service???

Customer Service...hmmm.  This one could go either way it seems lately.  For instance, you have an issue with let's say the bank and you call to try and clear it up.  Who do you call? Customer service.  You need to return an item to the department store because you don't like it or it fit differently.  Where do you have to go to return it?  Customer Service.  Now, here's the trick question.  What happens when you're late a few days on payment for your credit card?  Who do you call?  Customer service, right? Yes, but that usually turns into collections.  What the heck.  I am a great payer and have very good credit.  Why is it that when you need service as a customer and you really have an issue that needs to be resolved there are so many rude, obnoxious and just down right nasty customer service agents (people or whatever the term is these days) answering the phone?

I called my credit card company the other day, I will leave their name out of it, because they have been good to me, or so I thought, over the years and I asked why my interest rate went from  16.99% to 30.24%.  I know even the 16.99% was high, but I have had them for many years and I really had no balance on the card.  The Customer Service Rep. on the phone tells me that due to blah blah blah, and blah blah blah that every one of their card holders interest rates were increased.  Really?  Well thats news to me.  I know a few friends who have one and theirs isn't.  I ask nicely (no really I was nice) if there was any way to have my rate lowered because I was very good paying customer and a cardholder for so long.  He just flat-out was like no ma-am.  What the hell.  Why not?  Well this was a bank decision for all cardholders blah blah blah for the increase in the rate.  I must have tried to haggle for 10 minutes.  I can usually get something haggling.  I was getting really frustrated now.  15 years at least I have had this card, never late always overpay, what is the issue?  Where is the customer service when you need it?

I want a manager.  So on goes the call and a manager I really am mad, 30.24%.  This is no picnic and the interest is nuts.  I explain everything over and this Customer Service Manager says the same thing as if they were reading a screen.  Gee, a script???  Ok, I get it I told her I finally told her that your company really don't want my time, business or money.  I will be paying off my card that has what, $1500 on it in full of course and you will be losing all my interest from now until forever and I will be closing my account and you won't get my extra say $900 in interest plus whatever I could have charged over the next what 3-4 years to pay it off.  So in all actuality you will be losing a whole lot more.  Me on the other hand I am gaining a whole respect for the word Customer Service, because your company has none and the word should be removed from the employee handbook as well as from any memos within your company at all.  Please feel free to shred all of my information except where you have to retain it as by what the law tells you to.  I went on to tell her that there was no service in there Customer Service as well as being no customer in their Customer Service.

I had silence on the other end of the phone for a few seconds and then finally heard well I'm sorry you feel this way.  OMG!, Are we reading the screen again.  I chuckled just enough so she could hear me and said oh sure you are, but it's ok, I understand (their second favorite line, I couldn't resist).  Then of course she asks me the good old stand by, is there anything else I can help you with today? Well, maybe my laundry or dishes, what do you think, really?  Uh, no, I think we're done here.  I hope as of today my check cleared, you know how long that takes, they want to suck every days interest out of you this way they get more.  It's been about 5-6 days now and I really don't want to have to call back customer service.

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...