Pictures of you



How do you feel about posting pictures on the Internet?  Yes, can of worms.  I didn't mean to start the day off in such an eye-opening mood, but this is what I woke up to. Posting pictures.  Why, no clue.  There are just days I wake up and poof, this is what I am thinking about; posting pictures.

Do you post pictures, silly me, of course you do, but how many and what kind of pictures are they.  The questions I ask myself is, where do these pictures go as well as who can have access to them.  Well, boys and girls (Spoken in Mr. Rogers voice, of course), the Internet is an infinite place of space and excitement.  There are a lot of great things we can find out, but be careful, because there are also dangerous drawbacks, such as viruses lurking, just waiting for you to touch on them so they can jump inside your computer and attach themselves to everything you've worked so hard to save (or not).

This brings me to those who decide they want to utilize programs such as Instagram.  Instagram is a great application where you can take many photos and share them with your family and friends.  This is fine and dandy, BUT, where and what and who has authority over your pictures??  Oh, I am not saying to stop using Instagram, it's a great program/app, just be careful what you post.  I love to take pictures and post them, not so much of myself, but those around me and the view.  It just amazes me how people think and what they post some days, amazes me, head just shaking thinking about at this moment.  Posting pictures on the Internet that are inappropriate is like texting inappropriate pictures, just don't do it.

A county in Pennsylvania, as well as a county in New Jersey just passed a new law about posting pictures and sharing over test messaging, sexting so to speak.  This is for minors, up to 17.  Basically don't do it.  If you do and you started it, you're facing harassment charges, the one who sent it and the one who received it.  I think it should be all over and not just in one or two counties.  This all took place because of one picture text that was sent and then a mass text was sent out to many, many students in a high school.  It got so out of control, that it ended up in several high schools.  The point is, why?  Why send it to begin with, why allow someone to talk you into "sexting" in the first place, because you don't know where in the world, literally, your texts or pictures are going to end up.  I know if this was one of my daughters, phew, I don't know what I would do, but I would be very upset. These are pictures of you, shouldn't you decide where they should go?

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...