This is me

I figured I needed to post a picture on here so show you the difference I have made with myself.  Not only have I lost weight, but also I have lost a person.  The old me is gone, the miserable, unhappy one that didn't have any energy or stamina to do anything.



This was taken approximately April 2007 during my youngest daughter's birthday party.  I weighed just under 200lbs.  If you have read my other blogs associated with this one you will see that I have had brain surgery in November 2005 for an illness called Arnold Chiari Malformation.  I am not using that as an excuse for the weight gain or loss for that matter, but a time mark for myself.



It was when I was looking at this picture along with a few others when I realized that I just sat back and said, "What the hell am I doing to myself?"  Besides the fact that I almost died from the Arnold Chiari Malformation, I was slowly killing myself with all the crap and unhealthy food I was eating plus not exercising, oh besides the fact that my brain(it was my actual brain) was herniating (growing massively) downward into my spinal canal and choking me on a regular basis whilst I slept. There were nights that I honestly thought someone was choking me and woke up in a frenzy.  I seriously thought someone was trying to kill me. 




The top one picture is from the summer of 2011 and the bottom one is from May of this year, 2012.  I was eating healthier and exercising routinely and still do.  You can see the huge difference.  I have shed so much weight that I cannot see the old me.  I have to thank Jenny Craig although I never stepped foot in their facility.  I was embarrassed to.  I was embarrassed, too proud, too much of an idiot, now that I think about it.  I am a research type of person, so looking up diets and weight loss I found that Jenny Craig was one of the most put together places around.  I looked on their website and learned a lot about eating and myself.

Well holy moly, I weighed just over 14 stone (that’s a lot of stones).  It sounded better than almost 200 pounds.  I learned what a serving was and how to trim fats and carbohydrates out of my diet.  I exercised and learned how to self-motivated better than I already did.  Thanks Jenny!



It is amazing what we do to our bodies.  I will never and I mean never let myself go again.  Never ever! I feel so much better than I ever have.  Ok, so I have a rare illness or two that may have killed me and may still for that matter, but I feel so much better and I look good too.  I do know that there is no one out there that will take as good care of you than you, so get off your ass and just do it today.  Don't hurt yourself trying to get it done in 6 months, because that is just plain crazy.  Slow, easy and fun!  Be happy and be healthy!

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...