My top ten list of ways to start you on your way to a healthy life


My top ten list of ways to start you on your way to a healthy life:

1:  Think healthy

This by far is the most important to me.  If you don't put yourself in the mind set of wanting to be healthy then nothing else you do matters.  You can eat right, diet and exercise all you want and you will not be healthy because it all starts with a healthy mind.  Think healthy and everything else follows and falls into place.

2:  Buy healthy

This may sound easy, but let me assure you it's not.  I will be the first one, okay probably the 21st one to tell you to not buy the cookies and candy and soda that you have been indulging on, but your your own health, just sop buying it and you won't eat it.  This is the start of a new beginning.  Don't make this a New Year's Resolution that you will break by, oh let's say today, just start today or Friday.  Give yourself a date on the calendar, in PEN, and stick with it!  Don't turn back.  Weigh yourself if it's numbers that concern you, most people are concerned with that.  I have no idea why its the pounds, but it is.  SO let's start with that.  Pick a day, write it down and give yourself 30 days, believe me it goes quick, DO NOT weigh yourself in between, do it at the end of the 30 days.  Do not buy soda, cookies or cake, that type of junk. Pick one or two things.  Make it easy for yourself and start there.  At then end of the 30 days check your weight, you will be amazed.  I promise you that if you are an avid soda drinker or junk food junkie you will lose weight.  I did.  I lost 20 pounds in a month and I drank diet soda.  That was the only thing I stopped for the month.  It was only the beginning for me.  Once you do this, then add something month by month, you will see the difference each month.  As you go on you can start to add an exercise such as a brisk walk or jog or swimming.  It's easy not to buy it and easier not to drink it eat it if it's not in front of you, rather than force yourself to east cauliflower if you don't like the taste of it.

3:  Think positive

Never under estimate the power of positive thinking.  It not only helps you eliminate stress, but it can increase you confidence as well as expand you horizons.  Positive people bring happiness and healthiness into their lives, so keep being positive.


4:  Get motivated and moving

Every day you should get up, get motivated and get moving for at least and hour.  Go for a walk, a hike, find a new hobby, play tennis or go swimming at the "Y", take cooking classes or volunteer at the local shelter.  Whatever it is you, don't do it sitting on your ass.

5:  Find time for a "calm" moment in life

I know I said get off your ass for an hour a day, but you also need to have some down time too.  So while you grab yourself that new awesome activity, also find something quiet and calming like learning to knit or take a nice hot bath, maybe you love to garden or meditate.  I know I love to quilt or crochet, it puts me in this zone because you have to have patience and really can't pay attention to the surroundings while doing it.  I have to sew, cut, count, iron then sew again.  I love it!
The quilt below was the most recent project of mine that I just finishes about 2 weeks ago.  I absolutely love crafting.



6:  Be organized or de-clutter

Stop and take a look around the room.  I mean a good look, how much of a clutter-bug are you?  Me I am OCD, but I clutter.  Imagine that?  I keep everything, yet organized, I know sounds crazy right? Think if it this way, I know exactly where everything is, but not hoarding at all no where even close, I file, organize and file more, even my closets are in color order so I know what I am wearing.  I have my boots on hangers so they don't get bend marks in them (oh, this is another use for those pants hangers).
I can't stand when they have bend marks in them, kind of like creases in jeans, yuck!  Unless they are supposed to have them, that's different.  So, take about a half hour and get rid of the "stuff" you don't use any more.  Sell if, junk it or donate it.  Now you know there are people out there worse off than you, because first off if you can read this, you are paying for Internet or got to a place with public Internet, so either you have Internet or your own computer.  This means someone is worse off than you, so donate that old stuff you don't need anymore and move on with the new healthier happier you!

7:  Be early

This was never me until the last few years.  I finally figured out how to do it, geez.  I now put all of my appointments in my book/phone/organizer 15 minutes early so that I am at least on time or early for everything.  What was I thinking all these years, lol.  What a difference.  I am much happier, the doctors and my friends don't say anything to me anymore.  I was always late at least 10 minutes.  I couldn't help it.  It was just how I was.  I never gave myself time for parking and walking to the building or function.  Who would have thought about that one.  A mere 5 minutes to walk and having to drive through the parking lot five times before finding a spot was another three or four minutes.  Just schedule that little bit of extra buffer time in for whatever may happen.  I am no longer stressed out about that and my days seem to go smoothly.  

8:  Sleep

Get a good night's sleep.  I know easier said than done, especially in my case.  I do not sleep well at all because of my many illnesses.  If you can sleep, do it!  Your body will love you back for it.  It is very important for you, mind, body and soul.  This allows your body to re-energize and repair itself and get back a normal working condition.  Your brain needs the rest too.  Not having enough sleep is hard on every aspect of your body and can play trick on yourself.  Getting enough sleep during the night allows your body to regain all the energy lost and it will make you alert and happy again back to where you should be.  Don't lose out on a good night's sleep it's more harm than you'll ever know.



9:  Exercise regularly

I know, I know, blah, blah, blah.  Oh, stop already.  Just do it!  You don't have to go out and join the damn gym and look like those guys with the 6-pack and smoking calves or those women with the tight abs and butts who work out every single day.  Look at my pictures I posted of myself a few post ago.  Yes, that is really me!  I was all sorts of flabby and yuck.  I started out just like I am posting and then after 2 years I joined the gym because of where I live.  I can't even walk on my road because it's a highway.  Way too much traffic.  I do work out 3-5 times a week and it's murder believe me.  It isn't a picnic by any means.  It is hard work every time.  If you want an awesome body, then you have to work for it.  If you want a big ass and wide as your couch, well then sit on your couch all day.  Think of your job, do you sit at your job and just get by, well how's that raise coming then?  Are you a go getter and got that raise, well then think of your body like your job, work at it and it will give back to you.  It's the only one you have.  The only other way I can think of putting it is like a car, if you maintain it and change the oil, wash, clean and take care of it, well then you will have it forever.  If you don't then it will break down constantly and rust out before it finally dies and have to go to the junk yard.  I know I don't want that happening to me!  I sure don't want that for anyone else!  Take care of your body, it is yours and no one elses!  Do this from home, use your own stairs, your living room, or basement, there are no excuses why you can't except that you don't care bout yourself.

10:  Love yourself

Love yourself.  Have faith in yourself and love yourself like no else.  You can do it and you can do everything you set your mind to.  Rule number 1...don't sweat the small stuff.  Rule number 2...everything is small stuff!  Love yourself because if you don't love yourself how can you begin to love someone else.  Having the ability to believe in yourself is hard work, but I believe that you can do it.  It all begins with YOU!


No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...