Where to go?

I would love to move.  I would love to move somewhere warm and dry.  Not so humid and definitely no snow.  Ok, well I love the seasonal change as I have had it all my life, but my body due to the wondrous medical conditions I have doesn't love the cold at all or the seasonal changes.  So, because of this I really need to relocate.  The problem is where.  I live in NY.  I love NY.  I hate NY.  I love NY.  As you can see it is a love-hate relationship I have with NY.  I love -hate the weather and I love hate the financial status of NY in general.  Land taxes, oh let's just not go there.  Gas prices, well gee taxed again.  just about anything you do in NY they tax you for, but I do love living here.  The hustle bustle, the people, the food, the seasons, my home, the grass oh man I love my yard and my flowers.  It takes hours and days to get it just right only to have winter set in.

As for everything else thats where it gets me.  I need to start again, somewhere.  Nowhere in-particular in mind, well maybe Texas, I have family there.  Its dry, warm and not as expensive.  Now the grass there is well hard and viney.  I don't know if I can get some nice Kentucky bluegrass growing there or not. Hmmm, not too sure.  Florida?  Kind of humid there and the hurricanes are a little intimidating, but no.  nor'Easters.  The Carolinas, again humid and tornados and hmm, they have nice grass though and some season changes but lately they have has massive snow.  I have no clue.  Maybe Arizona there is sand and snakes and scorpions.  Oh heck I have no clue.  I really need some help here.  I wish I could test them all out like shoes and just return them if they didn't fit after a week.



Any of my friends who live all over the country all say they love where they live, but thats because they live there and have already established a life there.  This is why I love living in NY.  I have lived here forever.  My family and friends are here.  I love them and really don't want to leave and am afraid I will hate where I go.  I haven't the foggiest idea where to go, but I need to feel better than I do now.

Summertime is is a good time of year in NY for me and I sometimes forget how bad I hurt when it is nice out so I tend not to think about it.  I sometimes wish I had a crystal ball that actually worked so I could ask for some guidance for this.  I would like to go where I have family, but what would happen if this isn't the best place for me to go health-wise, then what?  Do I start all over again?  I just don't think I would have it in me to do it all over again.  I don't have the time, energy or funds to move twice.  nonetheless have to move my kids out of another school.  I mean they are older one in high school and the other in college so its not like they wouldn't understand.  Ok fairy godmother where are you when I need you?      

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...