Divorce

To divorce or not to divorce???
I have been asked by multiple people, why did I stay with my ex so long.  Well I was married just over 19 years and together with my ex-husband for 22 years.  That is a long time.    I loved the man.  I never got married to get divorced.  There were some good times and there were some bad times.  I don't know which ones over-ruled which, but out of it all I have 2 great girls and I couldn't ask for anything better.  I grew up watching people stay married forever all except my mom.  My dad left when I was almost 6.



As for me and my ex, I get along with him better now than I ever have and we talk, gee imagine that, we talk now.  It may sound impossible but it does happen.  I don't know why it didn't before, maybe we were too dam young or just maybe because we didn't want to, but we didn't.  Unfortunately I stayed for now what I can truly say I still have no idea if it was right or wrong to stay.  Should I have left years ago?  Oh yeah, just because of the emotional abuse that I now know was abuse.  Don't stay because of your children if there is abuse of any sorts in the home, NONE!  I would have much rather have been slapped around then I would have known it was being done and then I would have left.  So why did I stay, my kids.  I waited to get a divorce thinking it would be easier on them when they were older and understand.  Well let me tell you it never gets easier, never, ever!  If I could do it again I would have divorced him when they were much younger when the fighting started.  Well in any case it should be final by the end of the month.  It seems like an eternity and all he could say was that it was sad.  You know, it really is now that I think about it.  In all reality its happy and sad.  Happy for a new beginning and sad that its the end. Its really final. The End.  

No comments:

18 and Knowing It All The days of having 12, 13, 14 or more kids of more of a thing of the past; today, even four or five kids ...